You guys ever get a hankering for a huge, giant bowl of creamy chia seed pudding? Good. We can be friends then.
Honestly, snack attacks are real and one of my all time fave snacks is chia seed pudding. It’s SO easy and it’s also PACKED with healthy fats and fiber to keep you full until your next meal. Or your next snack. (judge free zone right huuurrr)
I used to think you had to wait overnight to let your chia pudding set in the fridge and then I saw Rachl Mansfield BLEND it. My life was changed. It’s ready within seconds- so thick+perfect!
Chia seeds are tiny little powerhouses I tell ya. How, you ask? Let me explain:
- They’re loaded with 11 grams of fiber per ounce! We all know fiber is needed for regular bowel movements AKA poop! No shame in the poop game people!
- They’re high in antioxidants + helps keep your skin young+supple
- They’re loaded with vitamins+minerals (including calcium+magnesium!)
- They expand in your tum tum to help keep you full+satisfied for longer
- They’re an awesome source of Omega-3 fatty acids (y’all know how I feel about my fats!)
Now that we know how amazing chia seeds are, let’s get to the recipe! The sweet people at one of my favorite companies- Vital Proteins– sent me some of their newest product to try: Collagen Beauty Water! I was stoked when I got it in the mail because the flavor was Lavender Lemon and that’s one of the best combos out there.
The Collagen Beauty Water has gut-loving collagen, skin-loving hyaluronic acid, AND poop-friendly probiotics in each serving! What more could you ask for, really?
I wanted to get a little creative with the beauty water- although it’s amazing just mixed into water as well! But, I decided to spice things up and make a Springtime/Summertime snack and out came the chia pudding!
I hope you guys like it! Let me know what ya think!
Lemon Lavender + Blueberry Chia Pudding
paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup cashew milk/almond milk
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Lavender Lemon Collagen Beauty Water
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, softened (I love Nutiva brand and always get it on Thrive Market!)
- Juice from 1/2-1 lemon (depending on how “lemony” you like things!)
- 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 20 drops liquid stevia (or 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar)
- Put the chia seeds, milk, and coconut butter into a blender and blend on high for about 45 seconds. Make sure to hold the top down tight so it doesn’t explode!
- Check the consistency of the pudding in the blender and make sure it’s nice and thick
- Add in the collagen beauty water, the juice from the lemon, blueberries, and stevia
- Blend on low until it’s all well combined
- Serve immediately or let it get cold in the fridge! Garnish with more blueberries + lemon zest (looks professional AF)